Scottish Refugee Council has more than 30 years’ experience working with people from all over the world. Our training courses draw on that expertise to enhance and elevate your knowledge and skills base, and help you to do your job better.
Each course is evidence-based and designed to be participatory, informative and stimulating to ensure you feel comfortable and safe while you learn. Conceived by our dedicated in-house trainer Martha Harding, she goes beyond generalisms, drilling down into the core of each subject to explore and challenge our own assumptions and preconceived notions to help us deliver a better service.
We also provide in-house training to suit your organisation’s needs. Specifically tailored and refined to meet your requirements, our Training Officer Martha is happy to travel anywhere in the country to deliver training. Contact us by email or call 0141 248 9799 to find out more details.
Public Training Programme 2016-17
All our training takes place over a full day from 9.15am until 4pm or 4.30pm. Lunch and refreshments are included.
- New Scots: Working with Asylum Seekers and Refugees: 22 February 2017 | 7 June 2017
- Working with Interpreters: Wednesday 1 March 2017 | Wednesday 31 May 2017
- Integration and Working with Syrian Families: Thursday 2 March 2017 | Thursday 1 June 2017
- Refugee Rights to Housing: Thursday 30 March
- Cultural Competence: Tuesday 31 January 2017 | Tuesday 25 April 2017
- Being a Better Trainer: Wednesday 3 May 2017
- Quality Consultation using Participatory Methods: Wednesday 22 March 2017
- Separated Children: Thursday 9 February 2017 | Thursday 11 May 2017
- Engaging Hard to Reach Groups: Wednesday 8 March 2017
- Community Sponsorship - What Do You Need to Know?: Wednesday 5 April 2017
We deliver our public training programme at our offices: 6th Floor, Portland House, 17 Renfield Street, Glasgow, G2 5AH.
Aware of the budget restrictions facing many organisations, Scottish Refugee Council courses are competitively priced, offering a full day’s training with lunch and refreshments included. We also offer a reduced price if you book two or more different courses at the same time.
Organisational Member / Non-member (one day course)
*£120 / £155
Book two different courses at the same time for a discounted rate of £280.
Full payment must be received before you attend the course. All income from our training programme goes towards supporting our work with refugees in Scotland.
*We offer a reduced rate to Scottish Refugee Council organisational or individual members at a sliding scale or voluntary organisations with an annual turnover under £0.5m.
Members of unfunded refugee community organisations and of refugee support and integration networks supported by Scottish Refugee Council will be considered for a fully subsidised place.
Please don’t hesitate to contact our Training Officer Martha Harding by email or call 0141 248 9799 to discuss.