Which service is right for me?

Not sure which service is right for you? Have a look at the questions and answers below.



Claiming Asylum

  • Asylum intake unit appointments line
    Telephone: 0300 123 4193
    Monday to Thursday, 9am to 4:45pm
    Friday, 9am to 4:30pm

    If you have nowhere to live

    You do not need to make an appointment – call the asylum intake unit to find out what asylum registration location you should go to and its opening hours.

  • I am under the age of 18 keyboard_arrow_right
    If you are under 18 and in Scotland on your own, we might be able to help you through our Scottish Guardianship Service. Call: 0800 0856150 / 0141 445 8659
  • If you are a newly arrived asylum seeking family in Glasgow with children under 8 years of age, we might be able to help you through our Family Key Work service. Call us on: 0808 196 7274

    I have made a claim for asylum. What happens next?

  • If you meet the criteria, you may be entitled to Section 95 support and accommodation.

    Find out more about the most up-to-date rates of support.

     ARC card – Application Registration Card When you claim asylum, the Home Office will issue you with an ARC card – Application Registration Card. You must keep this card as you will receive your financial support on it.

  • Info about health / education keyboard_arrow_right
    Access to free health care
    If you are living in Scotland, you have the right to free healthcare through the National Health Service (NHS)
    You can register with a GP. If you are no longer registered with a GP in Glasgow you can access the Homeless GP service at 55 Hunters Street (G40 UP).
    Access health care in an emergency?
    If you or a family member is seriously ill or badly hurt, you should attend Accident and Emergency (A&E) at your local hospital. If you need an ambulance to take you to Accident and Emergency, you should phone 999. 999 is an official emergency telephone number, which will allow you contact emergency services for urgent assistance; it is only to be used in an emergencyAccident and Emergency (A&E) at the hospital is open 24 hours a day 7 days a week

    No appointment is necessary to attend Accident and Emergency at the hospital but there may be a lengthy wait to be seen by a doctor or nurse

  • Info about community groups keyboard_arrow_right
  • I have received a decision about my application for asylum.