Celebrate International Literacy Day at our women’s morning
On Friday 16 September at 10:00am Scottish Refugee Council will host a women’s morning for asylum-seeking and refugee women celebrating International Literacy Day.
The morning will be a social, enjoyable event that allows women to meet other people and get advice in an inviting environment.
It will take place at our office at 5 Cadogan Square in Glasgow, G2 7PH. Interpreters are available upon request and refreshments will be provided.
A selection of activities and advice available
Various advice and activites are on offer and women can:
- meet and socialise with other women in a friendly, welcoming environment;
- watch the documentary film, Salam Rugby (in Farsi with English subtitles);
- learn to bind their own notebook;
- express themselves through song;
- learn where to find literacy and learning resources in Glasgow;
- find out about other languages in their community; and
- speak to a female advice worker.
How to attend
To book a place and/or an interpreter, please phone or drop in to the office between 10am – 1pm (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday).
For more information, please email CarolAnne or call her on 0141 248 9799.