Engaging Hard to Reach Groups
Tuesday 13 December 2016 | Wednesday 8 March 2017
Hard to Reach or hidden groups are usually not that hidden or hard to reach – it’s just that they don’t easily fit into a framework of engagement that we normally use to hear from or work with ‘easier’ to reach groups.
As service providers it is essential that we engage with everybody in the population so that services and policy influencing are not structurally excluding already discriminated against groups.
The course looks at the various approaches, tools and techniques we can adopt to reach out to people who are seldom heard. It covers the engagement principles and examines the tangible and intangible barriers that people face.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Confidently apply engagement principles
- Define who you want to hear from or work with
- Determine why you need to engage the group and for what purpose
- Identify where they are
- Find out if they are engaged already
- Reduce of remove barriers to engagement
- Identify if there is a trusted intermediary that can promote and sustain engagement
- Select a range of engagement techniques from a toolkit of methods
- Build trust - and know if it is you that first needs to build the trust
You should attend this course if:
You have been tasked with engaging with a difficult to reach groups and don’t know where to start. You are coming from a place of genuine interest in people and what they have to say. You wish to find ways to engage with people to help empower them to recognise and value their own lives.
How to book
Find out training costs and how to book on our training homepage.