Stay up-to-date with our latest news, or sign up for our monthly email newsletter.
If you’re a journalist looking for information or contact details, check our Media section.
- 24 March 2017 Refugee Festival Scotland 2017 - get involved! Call for participants in Refugee Festival Scotland 2017 now open. Refugee Festival Scotland - a festival for everyone
- 24 April 2017 Westminster report condemns UK asylum system for ‘loading the dice’ against new refugees MPs find asylum system is major barrier to people's ability to integrate successfully
- 24 March 2017 New Scots report lays foundation for next steps in refugee integration Report highlights the progress made by the New Scots integration strategy and lays foundation for long-term plan
- 24 March 2017 Refugee Festival Scotland Media Awards 2017 - call for entries Annual awards celebrate Scotland's best media coverage of refugee and asylum issues
- 22 March 2017 Resettled Syrian refugees finally granted refugee status Change in UK government policy is welcome news for resettled Syrians in UK
- 10 March 2017 All refugees in UK now face prospect of return to countries they fled Home Office policy shift a huge step backwards for refugee rights and the integration of communities across the UK
- 1 March 2017 Young refugees share their stories with the First Minister First Minister hears directly from young people who arrived in Scotland alone and seperated from their parents
- 31 January 2017 MPs slam Home Office for “shameful” asylum housing Report shows that Home Office contracts with private companies to house vulnerable people seeking asylum have failed.
- 31 January 2017 Our joint statement: Prime Minister must 'reassert Britain’s tradition of welcoming refugees' Plea to the UK Government to uphold its commitment to welcoming refugees to UK in wake of President Trump's controversial refugee ban
- 31 January 2017 All change at Scottish Refugee Council John Wilkes, our Chief Executive for almost nine years, will be leaving us in March for a new role.