Stay up-to-date with our latest news, or sign up for our monthly email newsletter.
If you’re a journalist looking for information or contact details, check our Media section.
- 31 January 2017 MPs slam Home Office for “shameful” asylum housing Report shows that Home Office contracts with private companies to house vulnerable people seeking asylum have failed.
- 31 January 2017 Our joint statement: Prime Minister must 'reassert Britain’s tradition of welcoming refugees' Plea to the UK Government to uphold its commitment to welcoming refugees to UK in wake of President Trump's controversial refugee ban
- 31 January 2017 All change at Scottish Refugee Council John Wilkes, our Chief Executive for almost nine years, will be leaving us in March for a new role.
- 25 January 2017 Call for evidence launched for destitution inquiry The Scottish Parliament is calling for evidence as part of its destitution and asylum in Scotland inquiry.
- 20 January 2017 Scottish Guardianship Service wins ECPAT UK’s 2016 Children’s Champion Award Service for refugee children who are alone and separated from their families wins prestigious award
- 12 December 2016 Scottish Refugee Council has moved From Wednesday 4 January, Scottish Refugee Council will be located at a new office in Glasgow
- 17 November 2016 Welcoming Syrians to Scotland: One Year On A year on from the first Syrians arriving in Scotland under government scheme the need to keep up the momentum is stronger than ever
- 9 November 2016 Immigration removal facility plans rejected Our statement on Renfrewshire Council’s refusal of short-term holding facility near Glasgow Airport
- 27 October 2016 Scotland puts the kettle on to share a cuppa with refugees Scottish Refugee Council launches its Cup of Tea with a Refugee campaign today
- 19 September 2016 UK Government urged to do the right thing at critical summit This week sees the coming together of world leaders to discuss a make-or-break collective response to the international refugee crisis.