Stay up-to-date with our latest news, or sign up for our monthly email newsletter.
If you’re a journalist looking for information or contact details, check our Media section.
- 5 November 2014 Our submission to the Smith Commission Our proposals and recommendations to the Smith Commission will ensure a fairer life for refugees in a post-referendum Scotland
- 30 October 2014 Home Office under fire for multiple failings MPs committee condemns Home Office for extended delays in reaching decisions on asylum claims
- 24 October 2014 Report raises concerns about processing of LGB asylum claims Chief Inspector's report criticises 'unsatisfactory' questioning of gay and lesbian asylum seekers
- 13 October 2014 Letter calls for devolution of equality to be considered A joint letter to the Smith Commission from 12 Scottish organisations, including ourselves, makes the case for devolved equality powers
- 1 September 2014 Full asylum housing report published Today's full report includes detail of the horrendous conditions experienced by the vulnerable in asylum housing in Scotland
- 26 August 2014 Opening our arms to Syrian refugees We welcome Glasgow's announcement that it will offer sanctuary to some of the most vulnerable fleeing the conflict in Syria
- 20 August 2014 Serious failings in provision of asylum accommodation in Scotland New report raises serious concerns about quality of asylum accommodation provision in Scotland
- 12 August 2014 Home Office decision will force vulnerable into penury Announcement from UK Immigration and Security Minister treats some of Britain's most vulnerable as the "lowest of the low"
- 17 July 2014 New guide for LGBTI asylum seekers Scottish Refugee Council and LGBTI organisations publish advice guide for LGBTI people seeking asylum in the UK
- 16 July 2014 Chief Inspector publishes investigation into asylum support Report reveals delays in decision making on claims for asylum support and concerns about early termination of support