Stay up-to-date with our latest news, or sign up for our monthly email newsletter.
If you’re a journalist looking for information or contact details, check our Media section.
- 17 July 2014 New guide for LGBTI asylum seekers Scottish Refugee Council and LGBTI organisations publish advice guide for LGBTI people seeking asylum in the UK
- 16 July 2014 Chief Inspector publishes investigation into asylum support Report reveals delays in decision making on claims for asylum support and concerns about early termination of support
- 9 July 2014 Call to increase Asylum Support rates Scottish Refugee Council needs your help to call on all Scottish MPs to ratify the Early Day Motion 99 to raise Asylum Support rates
- 20 June 2014 Refugee Week Media awards winners announced Friday night the Refugee Week Scotland Media Awards took place. Here are the winners:
- 11 June 2014 Finalists announced for Refugee Week Scotland Media Awards Media awards celebrate fair, accurate and balanced coverage of refugee issues in Scotland
- 28 April 2014 Refugee Week Scotland launches a programme of welcome Scottish Refugee Council presents its 14th Refugee Week Scotland programme today to celebrate the contributions of refugees in Scotland
- 25 April 2014 New partnership project helps reunited families rebuild their lives in Scotland Third Country National Family Integration Service to support reunited refugee families in Scotland
- 24 April 2014 MPs condemn poor quality of accommodation provided to asylum seekers A Public Accounts Committee report on accommodation standards for asylum seekers attacked the “unacceptably poor” housing offered
- 23 April 2014 Research into maternity care shows access is universal Scottish Refugee Council is calling for the role of the NHS in providing maternity care to asylum seekers to be celebrated
- 22 April 2014 Early bird tickets now on sale for this year’s World Refugee Day Concert Headlined by Young Fathers, Balkanarama and Skipinnish this year’s concert has something for everyone