Stay up-to-date with our latest news, or sign up for our monthly email newsletter.
If you’re a journalist looking for information or contact details, check our Media section.
- 24 April 2014 MPs condemn poor quality of accommodation provided to asylum seekers A Public Accounts Committee report on accommodation standards for asylum seekers attacked the “unacceptably poor” housing offered
- 23 April 2014 Research into maternity care shows access is universal Scottish Refugee Council is calling for the role of the NHS in providing maternity care to asylum seekers to be celebrated
- 22 April 2014 Early bird tickets now on sale for this year’s World Refugee Day Concert Headlined by Young Fathers, Balkanarama and Skipinnish this year’s concert has something for everyone
- 10 April 2014 Scottish refugee sector stakeholders met with Migrant Help Migrant Help, the charity now delivering new asylum advice services, has pledged to work hard to ensure that they meet the needs
- 9 April 2014 Asylum support rates judged unlawful Court rules rates of financial support do not meet asylum seekers essential living costs and orders Home Office to re-examine rates
- 18 March 2014 Calling all journalists We are now calling for entries to the Refugee Week Scotland Media Awards
- 18 March 2014 Scottish Refugee Council welcomes trafficking legislation The Scottish Government has agreed to legislate to protect victims and tackle trafficking head-on
- 5 March 2014 Funding secured for the first Scotland-wide FGM scoping study Scottish Refugee Council is to start a scoping study to estimate the scale of FGM across Scotland for the first time
- 14 February 2014 New research on attitudes to immigration in Scotland Our response to this week's findings from Migration Observatory and YouGov survey of public attitudes towards immigration
- 4 February 2014 Debate helps to raise awareness of FGM Scottish Refugee Council welcomes FGM debate in Parliament, as we prepare to start a scoping study on prevalence.