Stay up-to-date with our latest news, or sign up for our monthly email newsletter.
If you’re a journalist looking for information or contact details, check our Media section.
- 24 October 2014 Report raises concerns about processing of LGB asylum claims Chief Inspector's report criticises 'unsatisfactory' questioning of gay and lesbian asylum seekers
- 13 October 2014 Letter calls for devolution of equality to be considered A joint letter to the Smith Commission from 12 Scottish organisations, including ourselves, makes the case for devolved equality powers
- 1 September 2014 Full asylum housing report published Today's full report includes detail of the horrendous conditions experienced by the vulnerable in asylum housing in Scotland
- 26 August 2014 Opening our arms to Syrian refugees We welcome Glasgow's announcement that it will offer sanctuary to some of the most vulnerable fleeing the conflict in Syria
- 20 August 2014 Serious failings in provision of asylum accommodation in Scotland New report raises serious concerns about quality of asylum accommodation provision in Scotland
- 12 August 2014 Home Office decision will force vulnerable into penury Announcement from UK Immigration and Security Minister treats some of Britain's most vulnerable as the "lowest of the low"
- 17 July 2014 New guide for LGBTI asylum seekers Scottish Refugee Council and LGBTI organisations publish advice guide for LGBTI people seeking asylum in the UK
- 16 July 2014 Chief Inspector publishes investigation into asylum support Report reveals delays in decision making on claims for asylum support and concerns about early termination of support
- 9 July 2014 Call to increase Asylum Support rates Scottish Refugee Council needs your help to call on all Scottish MPs to ratify the Early Day Motion 99 to raise Asylum Support rates
- 20 June 2014 Refugee Week Media awards winners announced Friday night the Refugee Week Scotland Media Awards took place. Here are the winners: