Stay up-to-date with our latest news, or sign up for our monthly email newsletter.
If you’re a journalist looking for information or contact details, check our Media section.
- 5 March 2014 Funding secured for the first Scotland-wide FGM scoping study Scottish Refugee Council is to start a scoping study to estimate the scale of FGM across Scotland for the first time.
- 14 February 2014 New research on attitudes to immigration in Scotland Our response to this week's findings from Migration Observatory and YouGov survey of public attitudes towards immigration
- 4 February 2014 Debate helps to raise awareness of FGM Scottish Refugee Council welcomes FGM debate in Parliament, as we prepare to start a scoping study on prevalence.
- 29 January 2014 New Syrian resettlement plan will save lives Scottish Refugee Council welcomes the UK Government’s commitment to resettle vulnerable refugees including women at risk
- 27 January 2014 Scots urged to get behind Syria resettlement call ahead of debate Scottish Refugee Council is urging Scots to get behind its call for resettlement of Syria’s most vulnerable refugees.
- 20 January 2014 Serious concern raised over Immigration Bill proposals Refugee charities, health and housing organisations join forces to flag 'unworkable' Immigration Bill proposals
- 9 January 2014 Refugee voices in the Scottish independence debate Refugees are to set out their views on Scottish independence to politicians on both sides of the debate.
- 12 December 2013 The welfare of unaccompanied children must be at the heart of our asylum system Six months after the JCHR inquiry into the human rights of unaccompanied children, the UK Government is yet to respond
- 10 December 2013 Scottish Refugee Council launches unique family service New asylum seeking families are to be offered a lifeline in the form of a Family Key Worker, as part of an innovative new Scottish Refu
- 9 December 2013 Integration Strategy to help refugees rebuild lives is launched Scottish Government, in partnership with Scottish Refugee Council and COSLA, has launched plans to support refugee integration