Stay up-to-date with our latest news, or sign up for our monthly email newsletter.
If you’re a journalist looking for information or contact details, check our Media section.
- 9 December 2013 Integration Strategy to help refugees rebuild lives is launched Scottish Government, in partnership with Scottish Refugee Council and COSLA, has launched plans to support refugee integration
- 6 December 2013 There was never a man like Nelson Mandela, nor will there be The world has lost a great man: Nelson Mandela has died in his Johannesburg home.
- 26 November 2013 Scottish Refugee Council welcomes White Paper proposals on asylum An independent Scottish Asylum System, a focus on integration and an end to Dungavel are proposed in an independent Scotland.
- 21 November 2013 We won! Again! For the second time this year the Scottish Guardianship Service has picked up an award. This time at The Herald Society Awards 2013.
- 15 November 2013 Scottish Parliament welcomes end of Go Home campaign New motion lodged by Jackie Baillie MSP welcomes the end of the Home Office's Go Home campaign in Glasgow
- 13 November 2013 Two Herald Society award nominations for Scottish Refugee Council Both our ‘Stop Destitution’ campaign and our Scottish Guardian Service have been shortlisted for this year’s The Herald Society Awards.
- 5 November 2013 Presenting: 16 performances of ‘A View from Here’ Scottish Refugee Council is exited to present the performances of our arts and heritage project ‘A View from Here’.
- 5 November 2013 Migrant Help to take over asylum advice services Migrant Help has been awarded a Home Office contract to provide asylum advice services previously provided by Scottish Refugee Council
- 1 November 2013 Report highlights need to prioritise children's welfare throughout the asylum process Scottish Refugee Council responds to the Independent Chief Inspector's report on unaccompanied asylum seeking children
- 1 November 2013 Relief as Go Home poster campaign ends in Glasgow Scottish Refugee Council hopes there will be no repeat of inappropriate and insensitive campaign