Stay up-to-date with our latest news, or sign up for our monthly email newsletter.
If you’re a journalist looking for information or contact details, check our Media section.
- 21 January 2015 Asylum seekers required to travel to Liverpool to submit documents Change of policy from Home Office makes it more difficult for people to access UK asylum system
- 15 January 2015 Celebrating 30 years of refugee protection in Scotland Scottish Refugee Council's AGM to debate the future of refugee protection in post-referendum Scotland
- 17 December 2014 Scottish national action plan needed on FGM The first major piece of research on female genital mutilation (FGM) in Scotland is being launched today by Scottish Refugee Council
- 4 December 2014 Refugees' needs must be at the heart of any future accommodation plans Scottish Refugee Council calls for a multi-agency approach to secure suitable accommodation for recently arrived asylum seekers
- 27 November 2014 Commitment to consider improvements for people seeking sanctuary in Scotland Smith Commission recommendations include commitment to consider improvements to asylum support system
- 5 November 2014 Our submission to the Smith Commission Our proposals and recommendations to the Smith Commission will ensure a fairer life for refugees in a post-referendum Scotland
- 30 October 2014 Home Office under fire for multiple failings MPs committee condemns Home Office for extended delays in reaching decisions on asylum claims
- 24 October 2014 Report raises concerns about processing of LGB asylum claims Chief Inspector's report criticises 'unsatisfactory' questioning of gay and lesbian asylum seekers
- 13 October 2014 Letter calls for devolution of equality to be considered A joint letter to the Smith Commission from 12 Scottish organisations, including ourselves, makes the case for devolved equality powers
- 1 September 2014 Full asylum housing report published Today's full report includes detail of the horrendous conditions experienced by the vulnerable in asylum housing in Scotland