Stay up-to-date with our latest news, or sign up for our monthly email newsletter.
If you’re a journalist looking for information or contact details, check our Media section.
- 23 April 2015 A protection-based response to the crisis in the Mediterranean Joint briefing from Refugee Council, Scottish Refugee Council, Welsh Refugee Council, Refugee Action
- 31 March 2015 Pledge to end indefinite detention is welcome Labour's promise to fix a time limit for those in detention centres is a step in the right direction
- 30 March 2015 Vulnerable and destitute forced onto long road to Liverpool A difficult and often dangerous road trip is being demanded needlessly of people least equipped to cope
- 3 March 2015 Detention Inquiry report shows it's time for change Panel of MPs and peers finds that immigration detention as it currently works is past its sell by date
- 19 February 2015 UK Government failing to protect women in the asylum system from violence New report from Joint Committee on Human Rights finds damning evidence of protection gap in UK
- 12 February 2015 Asylum obstacle course gets new hurdle Move to force people seeking asylum to travel to Liverpool is latest obstacle in inaccessible system
- 21 January 2015 Asylum seekers required to travel to Liverpool to submit documents Change of policy from Home Office makes it more difficult for people to access UK asylum system
- 15 January 2015 Celebrating 30 years of refugee protection in Scotland Scottish Refugee Council's AGM to debate the future of refugee protection in post-referendum Scotland
- 17 December 2014 Scottish national action plan needed on FGM The first major piece of research on female genital mutilation (FGM) in Scotland is being launched today by Scottish Refugee Council
- 4 December 2014 Refugees' needs must be at the heart of any future accommodation plans Scottish Refugee Council calls for a multi-agency approach to secure suitable accommodation for recently arrived asylum seekers