Personal insights from behind the scenes
Our blogs are written by staff members at Scottish Refugee Council, as well as people from a variety of backgrounds who are keen to discuss the issues that refugees and people seeking asylum face.
We are always looking for contributors for our blogs, particularly if you have experience as a refugee or of the asylum system. Contact our media officer if you’d like to get involved.
The opinions expressed in our blogs are the views and opinions of the writer. Scottish Refugee Council cannot be held responsible for others' opinions.
Arts blog posts:
- 14 May 2013 Refugee Week Scotland 2013: My Friend Selma Artistic director Victoria Beesley blogs about how a special childhood friendship is the basis for her new production (0 Comments)
- 8 May 2013 Voluntary Arts Week 2013: 'Arts and crafts are a shared language' Jemma from Voluntary Arts Scotland shares why you should be a part of Voluntary Arts Week (0 Comments)
- 17 April 2013 Refugee Week Scotland 2013: Grit Ross from Tortoise in a Nutshell shares the origins of the visual puppetry piece Grit (0 Comments)
- 3 April 2013 Some Other Mother: The Journey So Far Writer AJ Taudevin on what inspired her new play for Refugee Week Scotland 2013 (0 Comments)
- 13 March 2013 How Scottish Refugee Council inspired me to write 'This Is Where I Am' Scottish writer Karen Campbell on her new novel about the experiences of a Somali refugee in Glasgow (0 Comments)
- 27 November 2012 Reflections on Glasgow Girls Glasgow Girls has finished in Glasgow but the memories live on. Duncan shares his thoughts. (0 Comments)
- 9 November 2012 Human rights activists, churches, DJs – some of the many standing up to refugee destitution Whether you’re a human rights activists, church, DJ or anything in between, we welcome your support (0 Comments)
- 30 October 2012 Asylum seekers’ fears This poem was provided by Handsen, a refugee from Zimbabwe who uses his writing to inform people about asylum. (0 Comments)
- 18 October 2012 Here We Stay - a celebration of life, community and music Suzi gets a peek at the Here We Stay rehearsals and is wowed by their energy and eclectic musical talents (0 Comments)
- 1 October 2012 My Glasgow Walking Tours – back by demand for Black History Month Walk, talk and learn from three inspiring women from Africa - see Glasgow through new eyes. (0 Comments)
- 9 comments Seeing first-hand the destitution in the asylum seeking community in Glasgow 17 April 2012
- 5 comments We need a better way to assess the age of lone asylum seeking children 1 August 2011
- 5 comments 'Are we not human beings, we asylum seekers?' 9 October 2011
- 4 comments Running for a great cause – it’s easier than you think 16 October 2012
- 4 comments Refugee destitution – shouldn’t we all be ‘howling with outrage’? 4 December 2012
- 4 comments Why I signed the stop destitution petition 29 November 2012