Personal insights from behind the scenes
Our blogs are written by staff members at Scottish Refugee Council, as well as people from a variety of backgrounds who are keen to discuss the issues that refugees and people seeking asylum face.
We are always looking for contributors for our blogs, particularly if you have experience as a refugee or of the asylum system. Contact our Digital Communications Officer if you’d like to get involved.
The opinions expressed in our blogs are the views and opinions of the writer. Scottish Refugee Council cannot be held responsible for others' opinions.
- 25 April 2017 Room for Refugees – a two-part drama for BBC Radio Scotland. Gerda Stevenson is an award-winning Scottish actress, director and writer, shares her interest in refugee issues (0 Comments)
- 8 March 2017 Happy International Women's Day 2017 Reflecting on barries and opportunities for refugee women in the workplace (0 Comments)
- 15 February 2017 A cup of tea and so much more Ewain Black is training and support worker at Social Bite in Glasgow, which will be running monthly Cup of Tea with a Refugee events (0 Comments)
- 31 January 2017 Hello Ambassadors Scottish Refugee Council is delighted to welcome onboard two new Ambassadors Amal Azzudin and Omar Hasan (0 Comments)
- 30 January 2017 Scots stand up against racist US policies US President Donald Trump has followed up on his anti-refugee, anti-Muslim and anti-immigrant rhetoric before the American election (0 Comments)
- 20 January 2017 Burns Night - a celebration for all In Scotland, people from all over the world and many new Scots will get together to celebrate Burns' life and the diversity of Scotland (0 Comments)
- 20 January 2017 Sharing Lives, Sharing Languages College ESOL lecturer Emily Bryson tells us about a new pilot project she's managing to help people learn English (0 Comments)
- 22 December 2016 Season's Greetings from Scottish Refugee Council Despite the difficult year, we've achieved a lot - much of it with thanks to your support. (0 Comments)
- 21 November 2016 Glasgow groups shares stories of migration and integration Community worker Pinar Aksu from Migrant Voice talks about their recent project ‘Story in a Poem’ (0 Comments)
- 16 November 2016 Many a mickle macks a muckle: 10 ideas for positive change It’s easy to feel discouraged at what seems to be a rise in racism and xenophobia globally. But it’s important to resist this narrative (0 Comments)