I am here against my will or fear abuse

How we can help you claim asylum

If you have not claimed asylum because you are here against your will, for example if you have been trafficked, or think you are at risk of violence or other abuse, please speak to us. We will try to help you ourselves, or we will refer you to a specialist agency who will be able to help you.

If you would prefer to speak to a female or male adviser, we will do our best to arrange this. We can also try to find your preference of a female or male interpreter.

Contact us

Call our office on 0141 248 9799 or come to our office and we will be able to get you the support you need. You can call this number free from landlines within normal office hours.

We can help you claim asylum, if that is what you want to do. If you wish, we can also help you go to the police to report any crime or abuse you have suffered. The police in the UK are here to help you and to ensure your safety.

Contact the police (999)

If you are in immediate danger of abuse, you should contact the police. Phone 999 and ask for the police. This number is for the emergency services and is free.

Other helpful organisations

You can get more information from Scottish Women’s Aid about what to do if you are experiencing, or are afraid of, domestic violence and abuse. Find out how to get help on the Scottish Women's Aid website.

Trafficking Awareness Raising Alliance (TARA) is an organisation working with women over the age of 18yrs who have been trafficked for commercial sexual exploitation.