We provide the following information and advice to refugees and people seeking asylum.
- If you have recently been granted Leave to Remain our Refugee Integration Service might be able to help you with advice on housing, education, work, health and how to get involved in Scottish life.
- Our Family Keywork Service offers specialised advice and support to asylum seeking families with children from 0-8 yrs to support them while they go through the asylum system.
- The Scottish Guardianship Service supports unaccompanied young people going through the asylum system in partnership with Aberlour Child Care Trust.
- If you have been refused asylum and have exhausted your appeal rights, or if you are destitute with no access to public funds, the Destitute Asylum Seeker Service led by Refugee Survival Trust may be able to help.
- We work with Refugee Community Organisations and Integration Networks – helping you get involved in your community and communities to get the most out of Glasgow.
- Throughout the year we develop arts and heritage projects, such as Refugee Festival Scotland, which you can get involved in.
Read the Welcome to Scottish Refugee Council leaflet to find out more about what you can expect from us, and what we expect from you.
If you are seeking asylum – or want to claim asylum – in the UK, you now need to contact Asylum Help on the Asylum Helpline: 0808 8000 630. Scottish Refugee Council no longer provides this service as of April 2014.
We cannot give legal advice, but we have put together a list of legal representatives who may be able to help you.
See an adviser
If you are a refugee in Scotland and need advice, you can see one of our advisers face-to-face. We offer a drop-in service in the morning and appointments in the afternoon. Visit our contact page for more information and opening hours.
Need an interpreter?
If you have an appointment at our office and need an interpreter, we'll do our best to provide one. This is free for you, but if you are not able to make your appointment, let us know so we're not charged an interpreter fee.