Vision and mission
The kind of place we'd like Scotland to be
At Scottish Refugee Council our vision is for a Scotland in which all people seeking refugee protection are welcome.
It is a place where women, children and men are protected, find safety and support, have their human rights and dignity respected and are able to achieve their full potential.
Our mission is to:
- Increase public empathy of refugees and campaign for an end to discrimination, racism and prejudice.
- Advocate for the rights of refugees and people seeking asylum and for fair and just legislation and policies.
- Support refugees’ integration and inclusion.
- Ensure that refugees and people seeking asylum have access to quality advice services, information and support.
- Develop an efficient organisation which supports staff and volunteers and ensures quality and value for money.